AHA Annual Points Challenge RulesTHE AHA ANNUAL POINTS CHALLENGE
Effective from 1st January 2013
This new competition will replace the AHA Members’ Challenge which will be discontinued from 31st December 2012.
1. This competition is open to AHA members and payment of AHA membership by March 31st will automatically enter the member’s dog(s) into the Points Challenge. If a dog is owned in partnership all partners must be members of the AHA.
2. The Points Challenge runs from 1st January to 31st December each year and awards are presented at the following AGM. Points will be gained only at UK Breed Club Open and Championship Shows as follows:
First Place – 5 points
Second Place – 4 points
Third Place – 3 points
Fourth Place – 2 points
Fifth Place – 1 point
NOTE THAT: at AHA Shows these points will be doubled. E.g. First Place – 10 points
3. Points will be awarded for all classes entered including any scheduled after Best in Show.
4. Members’ dog(s) will be registered in just one CHALLENGE CATEGORY for the whole of the 12 months dependent on the dog’s age on 1st January of that year as set out below: CHALLENGE CATEGORIES
YOUNGSTER – dogs of less than 12 months on 1st January of the qualifying year.
INTERMEDIATE – dogs of 12 months or more but less than 2 years on 1st January of the qualifying year.
ADULT – dogs of 2 years or more but less than 4 years on 1st January of the qualifying year.
SENIOR – dogs of 4 years or more but less than 7 years on 1st January of the qualifying year.
VINTAGE – dogs of 7 years or more on 1st January of the qualifying year.
5. Points accumulated by dogs during the qualifying year will be calculated by the POINTS CHALLENGE SECRETARY. In the event of a tie the dog with the most First Prizes will be declared the winner. If a tie is still produced the dog with the most Second Prizes will be declared the winner and so on. If a tie cannot be avoided by this means, a joint winner will be declared. The decision of the POINTS CHALLENGE SECRETARY will be final.
6. CHALLENGE WINNERS and RESERVES in each category will receive a Rosette and a Diploma. Winners will be featured in the AHA Annual Magazine on the POINTS CHALLENGE page.
7. PLEASE NOTE: A member’s dog accumulates points in any class they are entered in where dogs are judged singly (i.e. not brace etc.)